It has been another great month. Some highlights from the last few weeks:
1. Lachlyn often will get a little fussy on long car rides. About a week ago Natalie apparently had enough. Laura overheard Natalie tell Lachlyn, who is 4 months old: "Lachlyn, stop making unreasonable demands!"
Does this look like a child that makes unreasonable demands?
2. Natalie likes exclamations and she recently coined her own: "Holy Smokeamoly!" A combination of "Holy Smokes" and "Holy Guacamole!" It's hilarious hearing these words in her squeaky voice.
3. Laura stopped by Walgreens the other day with Carina in tow to pick up a prescription. Carina, being a curious 6 year old had to delve into this, and the following conversation ensued:
Carina: "What's the medicine for?"
Laura: "For my brain."
Carina: "What's wrong with your brain?"
Laura: "It's not working right."
Carina: " What is 4+4?
Carina: "What is 4+6?"
Carina: "Sounds to me like your brain is working just fine."
[If you are wondering, Laura's brain really is just fine. She is finishing up her course of treatment for the post-partum depression and anxiety that she experiences after the birth of each baby.]
4. Natalie has two of the most skinned up knees I've seen. I realized why when I looked at the pictures of her I've taken in the past month. She's never standing still or on two feet!
Natalie playing with paper dolls:
Natalie "juggling" an orange:
Natalie rocking out naked with her guitar (one picture slightly edited for modesty; this is on the internet after all...):
5. Here is Carina giving Lachlyn a bottle. Carina is enjoying playing the role of big sister. Notice that she is now missing four teeth. Pretty soon she'll be eating all her meals through a straw.
Lachlyn taking the initiative and trying to hold it herself:
Lachlyn saying "Look ma, no hands!":
And, finally, Lachlyn living every baby's dream: